Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Prayers Needed for Our Mom


Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15







Below is a post I composed for my facebook followers this morning. I wanted to share it here as well. We are in great need of prayer.

Mom will have a brain biopsy tomorrow morning at 8 AM at Johnson City Medical Center. As I said before, there are 2 effected areas on Mom's brain: the larger mass is deep. It effects the brain stem, mid brain,parietal, occipital, temporal lobes and the thalamus. It is inoperable. The second area is in the visual cortex, which is closer to the surface. This is the area they will biopsy tomorrow. There is a chance of partial loss of eyesight. Please, please pray protection over Mom's vision. The damage would be immediate and permanent. She was very upset by this. It is going to be quite an ordeal for her. We have to go down tonight because we have to have her at the hospital at 5 in the morning. She has to be put in an MRI machine, which terrifies her- we are asking for her to be sedated for that. After the biopsy, she has to be in ICU for 23 hours. Pray that they will let us stay with her as much as possible.
The thought right now is that this is probably lymphoma. The prognosis for mom will be very poor if it is. There is still a chance that it is something else. Please pray that it is anything besides cancer.
This has been such a long ordeal already and we still just don't know. There is a chance that after the biopsy we may have to wait a week to get a pathology report if they can't tell immediately what it is.
We are begging for prayer for our mother. We need her. Our Dad needs her. She is only 63 years old. I can't stand the thought of losing her. That was the first thought that ran through my mind this morning when I opened my eyes and it feels like a knife in my heart. I just keep thinking, "this can't be happening, this can't be real..." It's like some horrible nightmare you can't wake up from.
I am trying hard to trust in The Lord. I know he knows the need with our Dad. I know Mom is a saved child of God and that he loves her. I know he hears our pleas on her behalf. but I also know that sometimes his will is not our will, his thoughts are not our thoughts. We have to trust his will and cling to his Word, even when we don't understand.
Pray for us kids. This is so hard, watching both our parents go through this. Please pray for peace to settle over Mom. Pray hard that she will not be afraid. Pray protection over her vision. Pray that the biopsy will show anything besides cancer. Please, please pray. Thank you so much. God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family Heather
    Nini

    ReplyDelete